Workshop Schedule for 2012/13
September 25 & 26, 2012
October 23 & 24, 2012
November 27 & 28, 2012
December - no workshop offered
January 29 & 30, 2013
February 26 & 27, 2013
March 26 & 27, 2013
April 23 & 24, 2013
May 28 & 29, 2013
June - no workshop offered
These dates are flexible. We work with interested people to find workable dates.
The Piano Technology Career Exploration & Evaluation Workshop is offered to blind and visually impaired people interested in pursuing a career in piano technology. The workshop consists of hands-on and classroom learning opportunities to enable the prospective piano technician to evaluate the personal skills and characteristics needed for success. Please contact the school for applications to attend the workshop of your choice.
There is no tuition for the Exploration & Evaluation Workshop. Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from Vancouver, WA. There is grant funding available up to $200 per person for food and motel expenses. The school will make hotel reservations and arrange to meet workshop participants at the airport, bus terminal or train station. At the conclusion of the workshop, each participant and their sponsoring agency will receive an evaluation of the studentís aptitude for piano service work.
Typical Workshop Schedule:
Day 1 - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Introduction & Overview
- Tuning Experience1: Tuning instruction and practice.
- Piano Service Activity # 1: Tightening screws, bridle strap replacement, cleaning.
- Evening Cookout / Pizza Party: Social event for students, instructors and alumni.
Day 2 - 9:00 AM - 4:00PM
- Questions and Answers.
- Tuning Experience 2: Tuning practice (continued).
- Piano Servicing Activity # 2: Piano stringing, hammer conditioning, action repairs.
- Panel Discussion with Piano Hospital Alumni.
- School Information: School video, Training costs, Enrollment procedures.
For more information or to attend the Career Exploration and Evaluation Workshops, please contact the School of Piano Technology for the Blind at 360-693-1511 or 1-888-693-1511 or email@example.com